Since the launch of its first programme in March 1990, Artsreach has been committed to working with volunteers across Dorset to overcome the barriers of rural isolation by providing communities with access to professional arts events, firmly believing that engagement enriches quality of life.
Hear what others have to say about Artsreach in this short film:
"Artsreach provides a vital lift to community life"Audience comment, March 2018
What does Artsreach achieve?
Artsreach is vital in meeting the cultural needs of rural communities across Dorset, supporting the personal, social and emotional wellbeing of a diverse range of residents of all ages.
- 11,000+ audience visits at events each year
- Around 150 live events each year
- Engaging with 55 rural communities
- Working through over 300 local volunteers
- Less than 4 miles travelled by 50% of event audiences
- Around 1400 young people participating in events and workshops, building audiences for the future
- Over £90,000 invested in artists’ fees
- Over £30,000 directly benefitting village halls and community organisations.
A gift to Artsreach will help us continue with our mission, reaching out to more communities, offering more performances, working to engage with more young people and to include those who are socially isolated.
Local authority and public sector funding cuts are a significant threat to the professional cultural activities Artsreach provides. Therefore any support is gratefully received.
We hugely value the generous support we receive from individuals, Trust and Foundations and companies, and are tremendously grateful to Arts Council England and Dorset Council for their support.
"The availability of the arts in a rural environment is very important to me as it reflects the wealth of a nation to provide entertainment and promote artistic ideas in general, and to acknowledge these needs in a rural community"Audience comment, March 2018